when you add the UV Sterilight Filter to your current whole home water filtration system.
Worried about boil warnings due to bacteria and chlorine resistant cysts making your water non-potable? Safeguard your home against bacteria and viruses that may be present in your water and never worry about the safety of your water again.
Powerful UV filtration kills 99.99% of viruses, bacteria
like E. coli, and chlorine resistant cysts like cryptosporidium and giardia.
UV Sterilight Filtration
easily attaches to your current home water filtration system to deliver high performance ultraviolet filtration for up to seven years. Please note: UV filter is intended for use with water that has already been through a water filtration system. Not to be used as a standalone filter.
UV Water Filter
connect to current filtration system or water line
Does not require
backflushing or drainage lines.
monitors the life and maintenance of
the UV system and UV bulb.
protects against bacteria, viruses and cysts
provides one year of powerful UV filtration
Aquasana UV Filter Kit
Chamber Diameter (inlet to outlet):
Flow Rate (GPM):
3/4" ID & 1" OD
The Aquasana UV Filter comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a 7-year warranty.
1. Is UV effective against protozoa such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia lamblia? — Yes, as a result of recent findings by academic researchers, it has now been proven that UV is the best available technology to treat these protozoan cysts. In addition, the dose levels required to inactivate these cysts are actually quite low: less than 10 mJ/cm2 for 99.9% reduction of both Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia.
2. Why do I need to disinfect my water supply? — Disinfection is recommended for all water supplies that are not protected by a municipal water source. Unfortunately, due to the uncertainties that exist with our current water supplies, we can no longer rely on the fact that our water supplies "may be safe". By providing your own disinfection, you are taking the responsibility of ensuring the safety of your water supply for you and your family.
3. Does UV remove E. coli? — Yes, E. coli requires a UV dose of between 6 to 10 mJ/cm2 to achieve a 4-log (99.99%) disinfection. This is well within the capabilities of our UV systems which actually deliver a minimum of 30 mJ/cm2.
4. Is UV 100% effective? — UV disinfection typically offers a 4-log reduction (99.99%) for both bacteria and most viruses. UV is more effective than chemical disinfection processes at destroying a wide range of viruses.
5. How do I know the system is working? — The UV system is equipped with a "lamp-out" monitor which gives an audible and visual signal in case of lamp failure.
6. Do I need to disinfect my municipal water supply? — Our municipalities work very hard to provide safe, disinfected water for their customers. This is quite evident when you consider the difficulties involved in providing safe drinking water through a vast distribution network. If you use water that comes from a municipal water supply and wish to provide your family with added "peace of mind", then we believe a UV system acts as an inexpensive insurance policy against the possibility of drinking bacteriologically contaminated water.
7. How much does it cost to operate UV systems? — UV systems are extremely economical to operate. A typical 10 gpm whole house UV system operates on the same power requirements as a 40 watt light bulb!
8. Will UV change the taste of my water? — No, UV is a physical disinfection process. It does not change the taste or odor of the water. It simply provides safe, reliable disinfection and adds nothing to the water.
9. Should I shut my UV system off when I am not using it? — No, the UV system should be left on whether you are using the water or not. The lamps age regardless of the amount of water drawn through the system. By leaving the unit on, you will eliminate the potential problem of having contamination pass through the system while the unit is off. However, if water is drained from your disinfection system (e.g. winterizing), your UV system must be switched off.
10. What are the annual maintenance requirements? — UV lamps have a useful life of approximately 9000 hours which means that the lamps require annual replacement. The UV light may offer illumination beyond 1 year, however there will not be enough UV energy to provide adequate disinfection. Proper maintenance of any pre-treatment is also required. The sleeve should be cleaned at least once a year.
11. Do I need to consider the quality of my water prior to the UV? — Yes, our UV filter is designed for water that has already been filtered through a home filtration system and not as a standalone unit. For UV to be effective, it is recommended that the influent water contain the following:
• Iron < 0.3 ppm (0.3 mg/L) • Manganese < 0.05 ppm (0.05 mg/L)
• Hardness < 7gpg • Tannins < 0.1 ppm (0.1 mg/L)
• Turbidity < 1NTU • UV transmittance > 75%