Whole House Filter System
Superior upflow filter designtargets chlorine, metals, pesticides, herbicides,
silt, rust, sediment, and industrial solvents
Upgrade to SimplySoft:EQ-1000-SOFT
The Premium Whole House Filter + SimplySoft:
Prevents corrosion in your plumbing and appliances
Reduces scaly buildup on your faucets and fixtures
No salt means it's healthier for you and the environment
Save 30% on all drinking water filter systems, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 20% on premium shower filter systems, or 40% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 30% on inline shower filter systems, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 40% on 3-year whole house systems and tank replacements.
Save $800 on EQ-1000 and $960 on EQ-1000-SOFT.
Our Premium Rhino Whole House Water Filter System is comprised of three carefully sequenced stages, each with its own unique formula of high-potency, contaminant-grabbing media and filtration.
In the first stage, the upgraded 20"
sediment pre-filter catches
rust, sediment and silt.
Copper-Zinc & Crushed Mineral Stone
Water flows up through a bacteriostatic blend of a patented copper-zinc media and crushed mineral stone. This stage greatly reduces chlorine, water soluble heavy metals, scale and inhibits the growth of bacteria and algae.
Activated Carbon Filter
Water flows through a high-grade, activated carbon filter reducing herbicides, pesticides and other chemical compounds that may be present in your water.
In the final stage of the water filtration process, water passes through a 0.35 micron filter to remove any remaining sediment and organic particles.
The system is easy to install with the help of a licensed plumber and requires no electricity or back-flushing. It installs where your water line enters your home - typically where your hot water heater is located, and can be installed inside or outside your home as long as it is protected from extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The Premium Rhino System comes with everything you need for installation and system maintenance is easy.
Unlike other whole house systems, the Aquasana Premium Rhino filtration tanks last up to 1,000,000 gallons (about 10 years for the average household), and can safely and easily be replaced by yourself without the need for a plumber. Simply shut off the water at your system with the provided valve, detach your main tanks (bottom and top tanks), and replace them with the new EQ-1000R tanks. No messy, time-consuming, media-only replacements required. Unlike media-only replacement, changing the tanks on the Premium Rhino takes only minutes, does not require costly assistance from a plumber, and won't put you in direct contact with your old, highly contaminated media.
1. Why are whole house water filters considered point of entry systems? — The filtration system is installed at the point where the main water supply enters the home, delivering filtered water to all subsequent outlets.
2. What is hard water? — Hard water contains a higher than average amount of dissolved minerals (primarily calcium and magnesium), and a higher concentration of multivalent cations (Ca2+ and Mg2+).
3. Does having hard water mean it is contaminated? — No, hard water is more of a nuisance than a health issue, and is not considered contaminated. Most water sources in the USA are considered hard. Is hard water safe to drink? — Yes, hard water is healthy enough to drink.
4. What is soft water? — Having soft water means you have a lower concentration of dissolved minerals and multivalent cations in your water. The most recognizable trait of "soft" water is how much more soap lathers, as opposed to hard water, in which soap lathers less.
5. Does having soft water mean it is clean water? — Soft water does not mean clean water. Your water can be soft and still have contaminants present in the water. Soft water simplly has a lower concentration of dissolved minerals and multivalent cations. Is it safe to drink? — Yes, soft water is considered potable as long as the water has not passed through a sodium-based water softener. Drinking water from a sodium-based softener increased your daily intake of sodium, which can lead to health problems in sodium-sensitive individuals.
6. What is a water softener? — A water softener is a system designed to remove/reduce calcium and magnesium from the water by exchanging it with sodium (or sometimes hydrogen or potassium). This is done through an ion exchange resin that alters the molecular structure of the calcium and magnesium from a divalent ion to a univalent ion, making the water "softer." Do softeners reduce chemical contamination? — Softeners do not remove chemical contamination themselves, but softeners sometimes have a carbon filter working in conjunction with the softener to treat contamination.
7. What type of filtration mediums do you use in the top tank of the EQ-1000? — The EQ-1000 top tank contains a KDF-55 medium (A mixture of 55% copper and 45% zinc mineral alloy) for the reduction of chlorine and certain heavy metals*, as well as a crushed mineral filter stone to enhance the water's pH and control scale* on internal plumbing. Both media are bacteriostatic*, which means they prohibit bacteria and algae from growing or developing within the system.
8. What is the difference between EQ-300 and EQ-1000? — Both systems address the removal of chlorine in municipal water. The EQ-300 is certified by NSF to reduce chlorine by 97% for 300,000 gallons. The EQ-1000 is certified by Pace Anayltics at NSF standards. The EQ-1000 has an additional 5 lbs of carbonized coconut shell in the top tank, plus 2 additional lbs of KDF-55. It also contains premium brass components, a by pass valve for flushing water through the system, it also comes with a 10 year Warranty on the tanks.
9. What is KDF? — KDF stands for kinetic degradation fluxion, which is a redox filtration medium. KDF uses a unique combination of copper and zinc that creates an electrochemical reaction. During this reaction, electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new, harmless molecules and compounds. Free chlorine, for instance, is changed into benign, water-soluble chloride, which is then carried harmlessly through the water supply. Similarly, some heavy metals* such as copper*, lead*, mercury* and others, cling to the medium's surface, thus being effectively removed from the water supply.
10. What type of medium is used in the bottom tank of the EQ-1000? — The EQ-1000 bottom tank contains a carbonized coconut shell medium that reduces synthetic chemicals* and VOC's*.
11. What percentage of chlorine do Aquasana Whole Home Systems remove? And for how long? — The EQ-1000 is certified to NSF Standard 42 by an independent lab, Pace Analytic, for the reduction of >97% of chlorine for 1,000,000 gallons.
12. Does the EQ-1000 remove calcium? — No. The KDF medium in the top tank of these systems change the structure of calcium into a form of calcium called aragonite, which has trouble sticking to the inner walls of plumbing and therefore reduces the possibility of scale buildup in plumbing.
13. What is the flow rate of the EQ-1000? — All Aquasana Whole House Systems perform at approximately 7 gallons per minute (gpm).
14. Will I experience a drop in water pressure after installing the EQ-1000? — As long as your home is less than 3500 sq. ft. and you have 3-1/2 bathrooms or fewer, you should not experience any noticeable drops in pressure. If you have a larger home, we can build a custom system to deal with the typical water capacity of your home.
15. What is chloramine, and does the EQ-1000 remove it? — Chloramine is a disinfection agent used as an alternative to chlorine in some city water treatment facilities. They use chloramines for two big reasons: (1) chloramine is less reactive, so it does not create as many disinfection by-products as chlorine, and (2) chloramine is more persistent, and remains in the treated water through the distribution network all the way to the taps in the homes the treatment facility serves. The EQ-1000 is certified for the removal of chlorine, and the process of removing chlorine is similar in most respects to the process used to remove chloramine. The key difference is that chloramine exhausts the standard activated carbon in the bottom and top tank of the unit quickly, making the EQ-1000 a little less effective at removing it*. For customers with chloramine in their water, we have created a product with media that is more effective at addressing chloramines. The part number for this system upgrade is EQ-400, and it is available for purchase by calling the Aquasana Water Specialists at 866.662.6885.
16. Does the EQ-1000 remove bacteria or viruses? — No, if you are concerned about bacteria or viruses in your water supply, we recommend that you add a 0.35-sub-micron post-filter and an ultraviolet light sanitation system after the EQ-1000. The AQ-UV-20 ultraviolet light sanitation system uses ultra violet radiation to sanitize drinking water as it passes through the system, which changes the DNA structure of microbiological contaminants and some cysts. UV light radiation also prevents bacteria and viruses from reproducing, and microbiological contaminants cannot survive without constant reproduction.
Important Note: The AQ-UV-20 will not sanitize properly without a sub-micron filter. If sub-micron filter is not used before the UV system, microbiological contaminants can hide behind microscopic particulates, which will cause the UV radiation to lose its effectiveness. This is known as a shadowing effect. A 0.35-sub-micron filter must be used before the UV system to prevent the shadowing effect.
17. Do I need a licensed plumber to install the EQ-1000? — Yes, it is necessary that you have a licensed plumber install the system for you, to ensure that the system is installed properly. Since most licensed plumbers carry insurance to cover any damages caused by an installation error, having a licensed plumber install the system for you will give you the security that the work was done properly and that the installation is backed up by the plumbing company's insurance plan. Not having the system installed by a licensed plumber will void the warranty of the EQ-1000.
* Not part of NSF certification