I bought this filter to help a skin condition I had from way too many chemicals in my water system. Since I bought the filter the condition has cleared entirely and I no longer have itchy bumby skin.
when you sign up for our Water for Life Auto-ship filter replacement program.
Water for Life enrollment includes:
• 15% off replacement filters
• Free shipping on replacements
• Extended warranty on your system
Water 101 Sale
Save 30% on select drinking water filters, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life. Save 30% on shower filters, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life. Save 30% on all whole filtration systems and tank replacements. Free pro grade install kit with all whole house filtration systems. Free pre-filters and post-filters with select whole house filtration systems.
Skin is our largest organ. When showering, chemicals in our
shower water enter our bodies through skin absorption and
inhalation of steam. Chlorine and other synthetic chemicals
readily evaporate in hot shower steam and can suck
moisture from our skin causing excess drying.
Aquasana shower filters target synthetic
chemicals and remove over 90%
of chlorine giving you noticeably
softer, healthier skin.
Strong, healthy hair.
Chlorine and other harsh chemicals in shower water can strip your hair of its natural protective oils, leaving you with brittle, lifeless strands.
Showering in Aquasana filtered water restores your hair's natural shine and strength from the inside out.
Patented copper/zinc media and coconut shell carbon
reduce chlorine, enhance pH and improve air quality for the most moisturizing, healthy shower experience.
Enhance the performance
of your bath products and hair treatments, naturally. Use less shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotions.
"One of the most important things you can do for hair is to wash it with filtered, chlorine-free water. Your hair will be noticeably softer and shinier, your scalp will be healthier and your color will stay true and last longer."
— River Lloyd, celebrity stylist of the John Frieda Salon in New York
Easy install and maintenance.
Simply remove your shower head, screw in the Aquasana shower filter on your shower pipe, flush the filter and rejoin your shower head to the filter. Our long lasting filters only need to be replaced twice a year.
System at a glance:
Aquasana Premium Shower Filter
Coconut shell carbon reduces chlorine and synthetic chemicals.
Patented KDF media further reduces chlorine and enhances pH.
Easy to install, replace and maintain
NSF Certified Media removes over 90% of chlorine in shower water
Aquasana AQ-4100NSH Premium Shower Filter
Max flow rate: 2.5 gallons per minute Capacity of filter cartridge: 10,000 gallons (Item AQ-4125) Operating pressure: 80 psi Operating temperature: 115° F Shower head (not included) flow rate: 2.5 gallons per minute
Shower head not included
How it works
The Aquasana Premium Shower Filter uses our unique dual-stage, upflow design for maximum performance. First, our potent mix of copper/zinc media reacts with chemicals in your shower water to create an oxidation reduction process (or redox) to effectively change free chlorine in your water into harmless water-soluble chloride. Benign, water-soluble chloride will not strip your hair or skin of their protective oils and proteins and will not evaporate into toxic shower steam. In addition, we use coconut shell carbon to filter synthetic chemicals and further reduce chlorine for the healthiest shower water possible.
Coconut Shell Carbon
Reduces synthetic chemicals and VOC's.
Filters chlorine and enhances pH.
Aquasana shower filters remove more chlorine and maintain shower pressure.
Upflow Design- prevents diminished water flow
Maintains Shower Height
2nd-stage Carbon Filter
Aquasana Shower Filter
The Aquasana AQ-4100NSH comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year warranty. (Extended warranty available with Water for Life.)
1. Do I have to pay for a plumber to install the system? — Aquasana shower systems are very easy to install, and you can do it yourself in minutes. No plumber is necessary. If you have any questions or need assistance, our technical support representatives can walk you through the installation process.
2. What is the flow rate of the AQ-4100, AQ-4100NSH, & AQ-4105? — The optimum flow rate for the filter and shower head is 2.5 gallons per minute.
3. Can I use my own shower head or hand-held wand with the AQ-4100? — Yes, You can use your own shower head. Our model AQ-4100NSH is the correct model for individuals using their own shower head. Just remember the shower head needs to have the same 1/2 inch connection as standard shower heads. Just note that if your shower head processes more than a 2 1/2 gallon flow rate per minute, the quality of filtration may degrade slightly. Increasing the flow rate by changing the shower head reduces contact time with the media and will reduce the filtration quality as well. If you decrease the flow rate of the system by using a different shower head, or use a shower head with a shut-off switch, you may cause damage to the system and void your warranty.
4.Can I use the shower system for drinking water? — Drinking some of the water during your shower there poses no risk. However, Aquasana does not recommend that you use the shower system as a primary drinking water source, since it is not designed as a drinking system and has only been tested and certified under shower conditions and regulations.
5. Can I hook the shower system up under a constant pressure application? — No, the shower system is designed to allow the water to consistently pass through the system as it filters. If the system is under constant pressure and unable to release the pressure introduced into the system during filtration, damage can occur to the unit.
6. Do you have a shower filter for well water? — Aquasana does manufacture a shower filter designed for well water called the AQ-4100-85. You can purchase this filter by contacting the Aquasana sales department at (866) 662-6885. The well water shower filtration system is designed to more aggressively reduce iron, and will still reduce all of the same contaminants as the AQ-4100/AQ-4100NSH/AQ-4105. The amount of time the AQ-4100-85 will last is determined by the number of gallons it filters and the levels of iron and contaminants in your water.
7. How do I know if the Aquasana shower system will fit the shower pipe coming out of my wall? — Most shower connections are 1/2 inch, which means that the Aquasana shower systems will fit the shower pipe in most homes.
8. How much chlorine does the shower system remove? — Aquasana shower systems are certified to remove 91% chlorine for 10,000 gallons.
9. How do I know how many showers it takes to use 10,000 gallons? — 10,000 gallons at 2 1/2 gallons per minute = 4,000 minutes of showering - You can take 400, 10-minute showers - You can take 267, 15-minute showers
Merchandised discounts may include an additional 20% off select systems bought with Water for Life added to the online cart.
To receive the water for life promotional discount on your shower filter systems you must enroll in our water for life filter replacement program and agree to purchase at least one shipment of replacement filters.