I bought this filter to help a skin condition I had from way too many chemicals in my water system. Since I bought the filter the condition has cleared entirely and I no longer have itchy bumby skin.
Water for Life price: $39.99
an additional 20% when you sign up for our Water for Life Auto-ship filter replacement program.
Water for Life enrollment includes:
• 15% off replacement filters
• Free shipping on replacements
• Extended warranty on your system
Memorial Day Sale
Save 30% on all drinking water filter systems, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 30% on all shower filter systems, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 40% on 3-year whole house systems and tank replacements. Save $800 on EQ-1000 and $960 on EQ-1000-SOFT.
Offer expires May 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM Central Time.
The BPA-free Aquasana AQ-4100NSH Shower Filter removes harmful synthetic chemicals and chlorine in your water to give you softer skin and shinier hair for the cleanest, healthiest showering experience.
Treat yourself to a better shower.
Everyone knows what it feels like after swimming in a chlorinated pool - dry, itchy skin, straw-like hair and red eyes. So why would you want to shower in it? The Aquasana shower filter helps your family enjoy bathing in filtered water with a simple attachment to your shower line. Our unique two-stage shower filter system uses a combination of copper-zinc oxidation media and coconut shell carbon to reduce 91% of the chlorine in your water, and also reduces synthetic chemicals and enhances pH balance. This means that you'll be able to enjoy the health and cosmetic benefits of showering in clean water, like reduced asthma symptoms and softer skin and hair. Since Aquasana filter cartridges last 6 months or 10,000 gallons, you'll shower in the healthiest water for the best value.
Softer skin and hair within a week of showering in filtered water - satisfaction guaranteed!
Our shower filter removes 91% of chlorine in your shower water while maintaining water pressure.
Max flow rate: 2.5 gallons per minute Capacity of filter cartridge: 10,000 gallons (Item AQ-4125) Operating pressure: 80 psi (pounds per sq. in.) Operating temperature: 115 degrees F
Aquasana shower filters remove more chlorine and maintain shower pressure.
Upflow Design- prevents diminished water flow
Maintains Shower Height
2nd-stage Carbon Filter
Aquasana Shower Filter
The Aquasana AQ-4100NSH comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year warranty. (Extended warranty available with Water for Life.)
1. Do I have to pay for a plumber to install the system? — Aquasana shower systems are very easy to install, and you can do it yourself in minutes. No plumber is necessary. If you have any questions or need assistance, our technical support representatives can walk you through the installation process.
2. What is the flow rate of the AQ-4100, AQ-4100NSH, & AQ-4105? — The optimum flow rate for the filter and shower head is 2.5 gallons per minute.
3. Can I use my own shower head or hand-held wand with the AQ-4100? — Yes, You can use your own shower head. Our model AQ-4100NSH is the correct model for individuals using their own shower head. Just remember the shower head needs to have the same 1/2 inch connection as standard shower heads. Just note that if your shower head processes more than a 2 1/2 gallon flow rate per minute, the quality of filtration may degrade slightly. Increasing the flow rate by changing the shower head reduces contact time with the media and will reduce the filtration quality as well. If you decrease the flow rate of the system by using a different shower head, or use a shower head with a shut-off switch, you may cause damage to the system and void your warranty.
4.Can I use the shower system for drinking water? — Drinking some of the water during your shower there poses no risk. However, Aquasana does not recommend that you use the shower system as a primary drinking water source, since it is not designed as a drinking system and has only been tested and certified under shower conditions and regulations.
5. Can I hook the shower system up under a constant pressure application? — No, the shower system is designed to allow the water to consistently pass through the system as it filters. If the system is under constant pressure and unable to release the pressure introduced into the system during filtration, damage can occur to the unit.
6. Do you have a shower filter for well water? — Aquasana does manufacture a shower filter designed for well water called the AQ-4100-85. You can purchase this filter by contacting the Aquasana sales department at (866) 662-6885. The well water shower filtration system is designed to more aggressively reduce iron, and will still reduce all of the same contaminants as the AQ-4100/AQ-4100NSH/AQ-4105. The amount of time the AQ-4100-85 will last is determined by the number of gallons it filters and the levels of iron and contaminants in your water.
7. How do I know if the Aquasana shower system will fit the shower pipe coming out of my wall? — Most shower connections are 1/2 inch, which means that the Aquasana shower systems will fit the shower pipe in most homes.
8. How much chlorine does the shower system remove? — Aquasana shower systems are certified to remove 91% chlorine for 10,000 gallons.
9. How do I know how many showers it takes to use 10,000 gallons? — 10,000 gallons at 2 1/2 gallons per minute = 4,000 minutes of showering - You can take 400, 10-minute showers - You can take 267, 15-minute showers