when you sign up for our Water for Life Auto-ship filter replacement program.
Water for Life enrollment includes:
• 15% off replacement filters
• Free shipping on replacements
• Extended warranty on your system
Save 50% on drinking water systems.
Save 30% on shower systems, or 50% if you buy them with Water for Life.
Save 25% on refillable glass water bottles.
Save 30% on all whole house systems and tank replacements.
FREE pro grade install kit with whole house filter systems.
for clean, healthy great-tasting water from the convenience of
your tap. Our new single-stage drinking water filtration system uses NSF Certified Claryum™ filtration technology to remove over 97% of chlorine and chloramines in addition to lead, asbestos, herbicides, pesticides and many more, reducing 60 common water contaminants.
provides clean, healthy water fast! The Aquasana
single-stage water filter features a 25% increase in
flow rate to 0.5 gallons per minute.
to match your kitchen décor features all metal construction.
Easy to install
and includes everything you need to get delicious filtered
water from the convenience of your tap in less than an hour.
makes replacements a snap! Intelligently engineered so all you
need to do is a simple quarter turn of the new cartridge housing
for easy removal. No need to disconnect hoses or water lines.
Eco-friendly system design
reduces plastic waste by minimizing disposable plastic parts so you throw away the used carbon filter and nothing more. Filtering your water at home also greatly reduces the amount of plastic bottle waste going into our environment - filter at home and bottle your own.
System at a glance:
Single-Stage Drinking Water System
targets 60 contaminants including
chloramines, chlorine, metals, pesticides,
herbicides and industrial solvents.
to Standards 42 & 53 to reduce over 97% of chlorine and chloramines, reducing 60 contaminants.
Aquasana Single-Stage Under Counter Drinking Water Filter
Height: 8.5" Length: 3" Diameter: 3.5" Inlet: .25" Outlet: .25" Rated flow rate: 0.5 gallons per minute
Capacity of filter: 200 gallons or 6 months
How it works
Aquasana Claryum™ filtration technology scientifically sequences several different technologies to achieve industry leading results. Activated carbon, catalytic carbon, ion-exchange and 0.5 micron mechanical filtration remove impurities while selectively leaving the healthy minerals in the water.
Reduces chloramines - the by-product of chlorine and ammonia used in water disinfection. Up to 30% of US households are delivered water treated with chloramines.
Reduces organic chemicals: pharmaceuticals, herbicides, pesticides, volatile organic chemicals, MTBE , disinfectant by-products and other chemicals for improved taste and elimination of odors.
Reduces heavy metals like lead and mercury.
Sub-micron (0.5) mechanical filtration
Reduces chlorine resistant cysts like cryptosporidium and giardia.
Healthy Living Starts with Healthy Water
Your water becomes contaminated from a variety of sources throughout the process of collection, treatment and delivery. From groundwater contamination at the source to chemical contamination at the treatment facility to rust and lead contamination as the treated water travels through pipes to your home, the water you drink and bathe in can contain dangerous levels of harmful contamination.
In the last few years many municipal water treatment plants have switched to chloramines, a combination of chlorine and ammonia, due to their ability to disinfect water for longer periods of time. When these disinfectants interact with the organic materials in water, disinfection byproducts are created. Many of these byproducts are thought to cause gastric or liver cancer, or pose other health risks.
The ongoing use of harmful disinfectants and the continuing level of environmental contamination make filtering your water a critical component of maintaining your health.
AQ-5100 drinking water filter comes with a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year warranty. (Extended warranty available with Water for Life.)
1. Do I have to pay for a plumber to install the system? — Our under counter drinking water filter systems are very easy to install, and it only takes a few minutes to do; no plumber is necessary. If you have any questions or need assistance, our technical support representatives can walk you through the installation process.
2. How often do I have to replace the cartridge and how much does it cost? — We recommend replacing the cartridge after six months or 200 gallons, whichever comes first. Replacement filters cost $29.99, but you can save 15%, get free shipping, and extend your product warranty by signing up for our no-contract auto-ship filter replacement program, Water for Life.
3. Is this purified water? — No, and actually, purified water is not as healthy as filtered water. Purified water undergoes reverse osmosis or distillation, which strip everything out of your water - not only the contaminants, but also the healthy, natural minerals. Our system uses selective filtration designed to reduce contaminants from the water and leave in the natural healthy minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
4. How do I recycle the replacement filters? — We have designed this system to minimize the environmental impact of our replacement elements, which are over 95% biodegradable carbon. Our company will recycle the filters for you, but we do not cover the shipping cost to return the filters back to us. In reality, the environmental impact of shipping the filters back to us outweighs the good of recycling. To recycle the AQ-5100 filter cartridge yourself, remove the ends of the filter, recycle the plastic parts (which are appropriately numbered) and put the carbon either in your compost pile or garden (carbon is good for plant life), or just throw it out (since the carbon degrades quickly, and is a positive component in a landfill).
5. I'm a renter, so I can't drill or modify the plumbing. What should I do? — To install an under counter system, you can remove the existing sprayer or soap dispenser in your rental and install our faucet in its place. This option will not damage or permanently modify your plumbing. When you move out, you can easily remove the system and reconnect your plumbing back to normal. If your sink does not have an existing hole for the sprayer or soap dispenser, our Countertop Drinking Water Filter (AQ-4000) easily attached to standard faucets and sits conveniently on your countertop behind your sink.
6. What is the size of the brass T-fitting for under counter and premium under counter unit? — The most common size is 3/8" which originally comes with the system purchase. In rare cases some customers may need a 1/2" T-fitting which is sold separately and is available for purchase through technical support.
7. What size hole do I need in my sink for the under counter and premium under counter systems? — The faucet that is included with our systems requires a 1/2" hole.
8. What does TDS stand for, and what is TDS? — Total Dissolved Solids: dissolved minerals and metals. TDS meters tell you the concentration of dissolved minerals and metals in your water, but are not an accurate measurement for contamination. Aquasana products remove harmful TDS, like dissolved lead and mercury, but since our selective filtration is designed to retain healthy minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium, there will still be a measurable amount of TDS in our filtered water.
9. What is BPA? And why are people concerned about it? — BPA stands for Bisphenol-A, a contaminant found in most plastics. BPA can adversely affect your health if consumed at high levels. Aquasana drinking systems do not contain BPA, and our filtration process reduces existing BPA.
10. Does having hard water mean it is contaminated? — Hard water is more of a nuisance than a health risk, and is not necessarily contaminated. Most water sources in the USA are considered hard. Hard water is generally safe to drink, after it has been properly treated.
11. What is soft water, and is it safe to drink? — Having soft water just means you have a lower concentration of dissolved minerals in the water (primarily calcium and magnesium). Soft water does not mean clean water. Your water can be soft and still contain contaminants.
12. What is selective filtration, and how do Aquasana systems filter drinking water? — Selective filtration is the process of sub-micron filtration, micron filtration, adsorption and ion exchange, all of which selectively reduces chemicals, heavy particulates and most dangerous heavy metals from the water while maintaining healthy minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium.
13. What is the difference between the single-stage, 2-stage and 3-stage under counter systems? — All of our drinking water systems use the same Aquasana Claryum™ filtration technology. The single-stage system lasts 6 months or 200 gallons before the cartridges need to be replaced. Our 2-stage system has a higher capacity than the single-stage, giving you 6 months or 500 gallons of clean, filtered water. The three stage system includes a 20 micron pre-filter before the two Aquasana Claryum™ filters. This pre-filter increases the capacity of the system from 500 gallons to 600 gallons. In addition, it improves flow rate in high sediment areas.
14. I have an existing side faucet from a previous system. Can I use that with my new Aquasana water filter? — We recommend that you use the faucet provided. We have extensively tested the system with the faucets included. The faucets are NSF Certified to have no lead content. In addition, they will not impart any unwanted chemicals into your water. If you choose to use another faucet, we recommend that you have a plumber install the system to ensure no leakage occurs. We also recommend that you install an NSF Certified faucet to ensure the health benefits of your new Aquasana water filter.