Careers at Aquasana
Front End Web Developer
Company/Location Specific Information
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with 144-year history and employ more than 16,000 men and women. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
Aquasana was brought into the AO Smith Corporation in 2016, and is part of our North America Water Treatment (NAWT) division. The NAWT is a dynamic organization that is rapidly growing organically and into other Channels. We are a tight knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture. We provide competitive pay, benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.
- Implements responsive web design principles to ensure that the websites render well across multiple devices including mobile.
- Designs and develops web pages and applications for our e-commerce and content-driven websites.
- Develops proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) and user experience design (UX) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons and color schemes that are visually appealing.
- Ensures that applications and features are compatible across multiple computing platforms and browsers.
- Monitors website performance overall and watches for site usability problems - rectify the issues as needed.
- Maximizes SEO principles in the development of applications and e-commerce and content driven websites.
- Helps back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Writes technical documentation regarding the website's technical requirements.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains website software applications.
- Analyzes requirements for, tests, implements and maintains application components.
- Ensures that website and other system improvements are successfully implemented.
- May require familiarity with streaming media concepts and techniques, including digital video and audio compression standards such as MP3, WAV and MPEG.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- In depth knowledge of UI/UX design
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools like Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Experience working with SAP or other ERP systems
- Experience coding to APIs and/or Web services to send requests and receive responses in XML and/or JSON format
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to analyze information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience in front end web development
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
|Nearest Major Market||Austin|
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. ONLY)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis