Careers at Aquasana
Product Manager - Optimization
|Location||Haltom City, TX|
Company/Location Specific Information
Aquasana, a division of A. O. Smith Corporation, is the leading direct-to-consumer manufacturer of premium performance home water filtration products – a $1.8B industry (US market). We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What makes this opportunity great?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion, and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
The Product Manager is the product champion of existing water filtration portfolio through the entire product lifecycle. Using consumer insights as the key to success and thinking like a general manager she/he identifies and delivers actions that are accretive to annual revenue, market share and profitability.
- Deliver annual revenue, market share and profitability targets using voice of consumer as primary input into the strategies and tactics
- Be the expert on consumer insights and competitive landscape, use both to develop and deliver market advantage in the portfolio of products
- Manage the portfolio of products through the product life cycle – making recommendations and gaining cross-functional by in for programs and actions using consumer insights, feedback as the pillars of those recommendations
- Product positioning and marketing: Be the customer advocate, define the customer value proposition that is sustainable and differentiated; be the resident expert on the competition
- Identify portfolio enhancements that are a meaningful competitive advantage; sell-in to channel sales leaders, then define the operational implementation plan working cross-functionally with operations through launch
- Work cross-functionally with global procurement to optimize material costs downs with minimal business risks or operational churn
- Manage existing finished goods and materials to identify and end of life products that no longer have meaningful contribution to the portfolio; optimize and balance existing portfolio of skus to manage material, inventory, and operational costs down
- Grow profitability understanding competitive landscape, identifying new opportunities and educate sales teams on our competitive advantage.
- Develop and recommend strategic market-based pricing, working closely with finance and channel leads to ensure profitability targets and sales goals are met
- Meet product line profitability goals by reviewing existing financial, sales, consumer, and support data to identify opportunity, root cause and then develop and implement cross-functional improvements do exceed profitability goals
- Partner with Customer Support teams to attack highest call driving skus and issues; provide trouble shooting materials and training for simple, first time resolution; minimize service parts sent out under warranty to contribute to profitability of portfolio
- Successful track record of adding profitability to a product line using data and consumer insights
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience
- Ten (10) years related program or product management of physical goods
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, and tuition assistance. Other perks include employee discounts on water filtration products and a casual dress code.
|Nearest Major Market||Dallas|
|Nearest Secondary Market||Fort Worth|
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. ONLY)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis