Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Austin, Texas
Company/Location Specific Information
Aquasana, a division of A. O. Smith Corporation, is the leading direct-to-consumer manufacturer of premium performance home water filtration products – a $3.7B industry (US market).
We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What is great about this opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion, and the highest ethical standards of conduct
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals
As a Jr. Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end design of a wide variety of print and packaging material. This role will have a focus in packaging, technical, retail display, and print design. In addition, you will help the team load balance and pick up projects that support the entire business, such as marketing pieces for digital and web.
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to be part of a team and effectively collaborate with fellow designers. They should possess strong technical and print design skills as well as layout & branding; mastery in production, optimization & prepress. Creativity in the latest design trends as well as innovative ways to visually communicate our message to the target audience is essential. The right designer will be able to collaborate with other designers, marketers, copywriters, freelancers and utilize research, customer feedback and market data to generate attractive and effective retail and wholesale materials. Ability with work within a budget, meet deadlines, and adhere to brand guidelines while generating new guidelines as necessary. This role reports to the Art Director.
- Work with marketing, sales and product teams to understand objectives and requirements
- Create eye-catching and innovative designs for packaging, print, and digital.
- Design and produce assets that support the online cross-channel shopping experience, sales materials and activation campaigns
- Manage multiple projects/deadlines
- A desire to learn and a drive to excel
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related work expeirence or training
- A solid understanding of die-lines and print proofing
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with technical execution and packaging.
- Strong communication and proofing skills
- Strong production skills a must
- Excellent technical design skills
- Ability to interact, communicate and present concepts and ideas
- High-level of attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Video editing, and illustration skills are a bonus
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer a collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth, flexible work hours and healthy work/life balance, relaxed dress code in our newly remodeled dog friendly office, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions, healthcare and dependent care, flexible spending accounts, short and long-term disability programs, tuition assistance and tons of free parking.
Nearest Major Market: Austin, TX
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.