Marketing Automation Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Company/Location Specific Information
Aquasana, a division of A. O. Smith Corporation, is the leading direct-to-consumer manufacturer of premium performance home water filtration products – a $3.7B industry (US market).
We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What is great about this opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion, and the highest ethical standards of conduct
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals
Aquasana is seeking an experienced Marketing Automation Manager. The candidate will use Salesforce Marketing Cloud and work closely with a dynamic team of graphic designers, web developers, and digital marketing managers to brief and develop new email and SMS campaigns. They will also optimize existing email campaigns and customer journeys to improve overall customer engagement, as well as, maximize email revenue.
- Creating and sending all promotional and transactional email campaigns, both batch campaigns as well as managing automated workflows.
- Collaborate with creative teams to determine promotional campaign imagery, conceptual branding as well as copy and graphics. Build detailed briefs outlining goals, objectives, promotional details, merchandising, and content for creative team. Review, edit, critique, and approve creative work.
- Own email marketing calendar, creative briefing, testing plans, and prioritization.
- Launch regular A/B tests and multivariant tests for acquisition and retention campaigns - monitor and optimize tests for opens, clicks, conversions, opt-outs, and average order value.
- Continually improve all marketing campaigns: test and analyze workflow; build smart segmentations; automate email if applicable; initiate lead generation, lead nurturing, and lead scoring efforts; and identifies tactics for improvement.
- Utilize full email marketing platform capabilities and applications including browse recovery, cart recovery, product recommendations, and coupon manager.
- Coordinate content and copy with content marketing manager for email newsletters, landing pages, and supporting product content.
- Support our direct sales team by assisting in email marketing campaigns that educate and promote our products to their lead pipeline, including lead nurture campaigns, weekend specials, and transactional messaging.
- Plan and manage promotional SMS sends. Create long-term plans for growing text opt-ins and expanding program to include transactional sends.
- Work cross-functionally with senior digital marketing manager, content and social media manager, graphic designers, web development, and other teams as needed.
- Stay current with best practices and industry standards related to email – ensure spam compliance CAN- SPAM, inbox placement, ISP algorithm changes, user preferences, segmentations, and data privacy regulations. Ensure brand guidelines for all email templates. Ensure that email functionality works across all browsers and devices.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or training
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field preferred; will consider candidates with strong industry experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with CRMs and/or Marketing Automation systems - Salesforce Marketing Cloud or ExactTarget strongly preferred (others could include Bronto, Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua)
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and the customer journey
- Understanding of marketing operations, specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered emails
- Experience with SMS campaigns preferred, but not required
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning and results from data along with excellent written and verbal communications skills with an eye for design
- Basic to intermediate HTML and CSS knowledge
- Basic knowledge of SQL desired
- Ability to work cross-functionally to push projects and initiatives forward
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented, organized and a good team player
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer a relaxed dress code in our newly remodeled dog friendly office, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, tuition assistance and free parking.
Nearest Major Market: Austin, TX
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.