Product Manager - Point of Use
Location: Milwaukee, WI Or Austin, TX
Company: A. O. Smith
Company/Location Specific Information
A. O. Smith is the leading manufacturer of premium performance home water treatment products – a $3.7B industry (US market).
We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What is great about this opportunity?
A. O. Smith is looking for a customer focused New Product Manager to fulfill our mission of best-in-class water treatment in a category that is ripe for break through innovation. In this role you will have the opportunity to create meaningful customer products that deliver our long-term roadmap for a category that is growing double digits year over year. You would join a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing our shared goals in a collaborative, hardworking environment.
Prioritize the customer to define and bring products to market that receive 4+star ratings/reviews.
- Prioritize the customer to define product portfolio roadmap including new products, technologies, or value add enhancements to an existing platform.
- Embraces a wholistic view of the platform and product lifecycle management – analyze the value of the portfolio to make recommendations that optimize the financial return including end of life.
- Articulates and builds alignment for roadmap with leadership and channel managers – become a trusted advisor to bring innovations to market.
- Keeps a broad view of market trends, consumer needs, competitive risks to analyze and inform product decisions for the good of the total business.
- Owns the profit and loss of the product line by working closely with procurement, finance, and channel managers to define and exceed profitability goals.
- Provides briefing guidance to inform sales, marketing of key points: competitive advantage, consumer benefits, claims, selling points, technical specifications.
- Works with research teams to articulate hypothesis and field usability testing.
- Actively engages teams in key deliverable reviews, brainstorms, and Design and Engineering reviews including working with project manager to manufacture and launch products.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience (mechanical and or technical experience)
- Seven (7) years+ related in consumer-focused product development
- Smart, hard-working, and creative person who loves products, loves solving difficult problems and accomplishing goals in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable collaborating and influencing team members that are geographically dispersed
- Positive organization and communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate project information to the Project, Business and Executive Teams
- Experience working in lean or agile product development
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, and tuition assistance. Other perks include employee discounts on water filtration products and casual dress code.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee, WI or Austin, TX
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.