Product Manager - Optimization Engineer
Location: Haltom City, Texas
Company/Location Specific Information
Aquasana, a division of A. O. Smith Corporation, is the leading direct-to-consumer manufacturer of premium performance home water filtration products – a $3.7B industry (US market).
We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What is great about this opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion, and the highest ethical standards of conduct
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals
Work with all functions of the business to optimize the profitability of water filtration products shipped from the Haltom City facility.
- Work with product management, operations, sales, customer service, merchandising, procurement, and engineering to optimize the profitability of products already launched to the market.
- Work cross-functionally with global procurement, operations, business, and engineering to optimize material costs with minimal business risks or operational churn.
- Manage existing finished goods and materials to identify and end of life products that no longer have meaningful contribution to the portfolio. Optimize and balance existing portfolio of skus to manage material, inventory, and operational costs down.
- Partner with Customer Support teams to identify and attack highest call driving skus and issues. Provide trouble shooting materials and training for simple, first time resolution. Provide path and execution of path to reduce warranty dollars and to minimize service parts sent out under warranty to contribute to profitability of portfolio.
- Identify product or supplier issues, then work with and through procurement teams to resolution in terms of both product quality and supplier credits.
- Work with merchandise teams to improve product content to both accurately merchandise product and mitigate calls, returns through FAQ, installation and troubleshooting steps.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills
- Relevant degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience (engineer or related technical degree with solid business acumen preferred)
- Five (5) years+ related engineering and/or business experience
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance. Other perks include employee discounts on water filtration products and a casual dress code.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.