Location: Milwaukee, WI
Company: A. O. Smith
Company/Location Specific Information
A. O. Smith is the leading manufacturer of premium performance home water treatment products – a $3.7B industry (US market).
We believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products, so every home can enjoy great-tasting, healthy water.
What is great about this opportunity?
A. O. Smith is looking for a customer focused Project Manager to bring our best in class water treatment products to market. In this role you will have the opportunity to PM strategic projects that deliver our long-term roadmap for a category that is growing double digits year over year. You would join a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing our shared goals in a collaborative, hardworking environment.
The Project Manager leads the most strategic, complex, and important product projects for the business unit. This role works cross-functionally throughout the organization to ensure product development commercialization and rollout success, achieve team and corporate goals, and contribute to the growth of the enterprise.
- Provides project management for product development and technology projects that have increased risk based on established or urgent timeline and complex technology.
- Works with Product Managers, Product Owners and key stakeholders to develop a Project Charter which includes project scope, resource needs, specific milestones and tasks, associated effort estimates, project assumptions, expected risks and a communication plan for reporting progress.
- Works with the established project team to determine agreed-upon milestones and work effort to create a project schedule.
- Manages work activities of geographically dispersed cross-functional teams and interfaces with primary suppliers of priority projects including creating project charter to explore a market opportunity, create project plan, build cross-functional team, execute plan (monitor and adjust), manage project risks, accountable to leadership team and close project by delivering product that meet the value proposition and benefit the company.
- Manages a communication plan to include a project team kickoff meeting, escalation plan and weekly progress reporting. Escalates quickly when issues cannot be resolved at the project team level.
- Ensures project deliverables are completed on time and are of high quality, including business requirements and approval, and reports status to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains the project site (deliverables, status reports, presentations, project-related documentation) and the project tracking site.
- Identifies risks/issues, develops mitigation plans, manages risks/issues and communicates updates to the key stakeholders and team members.
- Actively participates in project with cross-functional team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology or business-related field
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Project Manager role
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Positive organization and communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate project information to the Project, Business and Executive Teams
- Heavy knowledge of project management in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve problems
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, and tuition assistance. Other perks include employee discounts on water filtration products and casual dress code.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee, WI
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.