Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Company/Location Specific Information
At Aquasana, we believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products so every home can enjoy clean, healthy water.
In 2016, Aquasana was purchased by A. O. Smith Corporation -- a global leader in water technology -- and is part of its North America Water Treatment division.
More About A.O. Smith
We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of water heating and water treatment technologies in the world. We are a $3.5 billion company with 140+ years history and we employ more than 12,000 individuals globally who pride themselves on providing the world with innovative water technology. We are committed to Continuous Improvement, not just in our factories or processes, but in our people.
A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
As the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will work with key stakeholders to attain the financial and strategic objectives of the Aquasana Direct business. You will be responsible for owning demand generation, lead nurture, and acquisition of new direct customers as well as increasing the retention and lifetime value of current Aquasana customers. In addition, you will be responsible for owning the growth, development, testing, and optimization efforts of a fully integrated customer journey and own omni-channel touchpoints across direct marketing channels, including: email, paid search, affiliate marketing, display advertising, remarketing, social media, and more – to support both ecommerce and direct sales for Aquasana.
This individual will work with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to: online marketing, brand and content marketing, product marketing, sales, and customer success and service teams. They are data-driven and experienced building customer journey and demand generation strategies both online and offline, managing the success of marketing programs, and driving efficiencies across all direct marketing channels.
- Develop a fully integrated customer journey. Develop a strategic digital marketing plan with measurable impact that provides visibility into the 360-degree view of a customer's marketing experience: from initial engagement, to consideration, to purchase, to installation, to retention and subscription services. Map customer journey touchpoints to every step of the marketing funnel.
- Develop, grow, and optimize online customer journey. Interact and engage leads and customers across every channel and device in a cohesive and personalized experience for multi-channel shoppers. Represent Aquasana's brand online and deliver an exceptional customer experience. Own lead generation, lead nurture, and sales conversion strategy for direct business.
- Grow online advertising and inbound marketing channels. Manage direct channels including: email, paid search, display advertising, remarketing/retargeting, social media, calling campaigns, inbox retargeting, and more – supporting both acquisition and retention efforts to drive business for ecommerce and sales vehicles. Additionally: research, analyze, benchmark, test and manage new marketing channel opportunities.
- Grow and manage integrated, omni-channel marketing. Develop demand generation efforts to grow Aquasana's direct business both online and offline; develop, test, and optimize integrated marketing campaigns; create a cohesive online advertising presence; and meet all acquisition and retention financial and customer engagement goals.
- Lead strategic marketing efforts to increase customer retention. Focus on building retention campaigns that increase customer engagement, build relationships, increase subscriptions, and reduce churn. Develop customer lifecycle communications across all relevant touchpoints – leveraging extensive available data to create personalized, dynamic campaigns based on customer purchases and engagement.
- Partner with key stakeholders in the business, including product marketing, content and brand management, customer success teams, sales, service, and all INET and TSales teams to build new demand generation strategies, optimize existing campaigns, and communicate results.
- Manage email/marketing automation team to support end-to-end campaign creation, executing both ad-hoc communications and complex lifecycle campaigns, from idea generation through delivery, including two direct reports.
- Manage 3rd party partners and agencies such as inbox retargeting, affiliate marketing, social media advertising, retargeting and display advertising to set strategy and plans to exceed annual goals, including contract negotiation and management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related field
- 8+ years of experience in digital marketing, demand generation, and online advertising
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experienced in the development and implementation of integrated digital/social/ecommerce marketing strategies
- Experience with upper and lower funnel campaigns to generate brand awareness/consideration and/or generate demand and leads for the sales team and ecommerce
- Keen understanding and deep experience in use of digital promotion in owned channels to generate awareness and demand
- Advanced knowledge of Google Adwords, Bing Adwords, and other paid search models is required
- Experience with paid advertising on social media platforms, display advertising, and retargeting required
- Strong understanding of integrated and automated marketing and reporting tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Optimove, Invoca, Facebook Business Manager and other related tools.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to organize, facilitate, communicate and present information effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Ability to work within specific timeframes to meet deadlines
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.