Technical Support Representative
Location: Haltom City, Texas
Company/Location Specific Information
At Aquasana, we believe clean water and a healthy environment are the most important components to healthy living and overall well-being. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class water filtration products so every home can enjoy clean, healthy water.
In 2016, Aquasana was purchased by A. O. Smith Corporation -- a global leader in water technology -- and is part of its North America Water Treatment division.
More About A.O. Smith
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and A. O. Smith Corporation is a leader in the space. We are a $3 billion company with a 144-year history, more than 16,000 employees worldwide, and manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe.
A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
What is great about this opportunity?
- You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion, and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
- You will be representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
- You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in accomplishing shared goals.
In this role, the incumbent will serve Aquasana customers by providing product and service information, recommending solutions and resolving product related problems through already developed troubleshooting methodologies.
- Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, executing correction or adjustment, and precisely notating the interaction
- Answering inbound customer calls and e-mails relating to and not limited to the following: account questions, shipping inquiries, and technical support for all Aquasana products
- Responsible for being familiar with all products, how they work, and the best way to assist in service resolution for any given customer situation
- Responsible for actively ensuring the retention of our customer base
- Explaining and selling the benefits of the Water for Life replacement filter program
- Held accountable to achieving important customer service related metrics – work percentage, average handle time, abandonment rate, Water for Life enrollments, customer survey scores, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback for product improvement and job efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- One year of related work experience in an inbound call center environment
- Problem-solving and program management skills. An excellent work ethic
- Commitment to delivering a positive customer experience, including the handling of highly escalated customers in a professional manner
- Must be a good communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Should be proficient in basic office computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, and the Aquasana customer management program
- Use time efficiently
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, and tuition assistance. Other perks include employee discounts on water filtration products, and a casual dress code.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. Only)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.