Salt-Free Water Conditioner
Protect your home's pipes, plumbing, and appliances from scale buildup without the use of harsh chemicals or salt. New and improved system lasts for 10 years.
Reduce Scale Throughout Your Home
Reliable, high-performance water descaling that lasts for up to 1,000,000 gallons or 10 years.
Extend Appliance Life
Shield your water heater, washing machine, dishwasher, and other appliances from harsh water.
Safeguard your home’s internal plumbing from the adverse effects of scale buildup.
Say goodbye to carrying heavy bags of salt and adding it to your water every month.
Our Salt-Free Water Conditioner works without wasting water or the use of phosphates or salt.
SCM is salt-free technology that prevents scale build up in pipes, plumbing, and hot water appliances without the use of harsh chemicals or salt.
Scale Control Media uses water flow to prevent hard water minerals from binding and forming scale.
Easy Filter Replacements
Unlike other water conditioners that require bulky replacements, Aquasana's tanks are engineered and designed for a quick, simple change.
Upflow, dual tank design increases water contact time with media to help protect your home from scale buildup.
Reliable Water Flow
Our Salt-Free Water Conditioner has a peak flow rate of up to 15.3 gpm with no noticeable change in water pressure.
These systems are easy to install and maintain. No electricity, drain lines, or backflushing required.
Strong & Safe Materials
Aquasana tanks are molded from super strong, food grade HDTE (High Density, Tri-Extruded) material.
This system comes with a 10-Year Limited Warranty and a 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee so you can be confident in your purchase.
Independently tested to naturally and safely reduce scale buildup on internal pipes and plumbing.
Whole Health, Pure Performance
Our new and improved Salt-Free Water Conditioner gives you whole home protection from the adverse effects of scale buildup for up to 1,000,000 gallons or 10 years and now comes with a 20” Pre-Filter and a Post-Filter.
When pairing with one of Aquasana's whole house water filters, this version of our Salt-Free Water Conditioner goes with the Rhino® Rhino® 600,000 Gallons, and the OptimH2O® systems.
Extend the life of your plumbing, washing machine, dishwasher, water heater, and other appliances without adding excess salt waste, phosphates or other chemicals into the environment. With our Salt-Free Water Conditioner, water stains and spots are easier to wipe off.
Aquasana's SCM technology naturally and effectively inhibits scale buildup by transforming dissolved hard minerals into inactive microscopic crystal particles that are harmlessly passed through your water and down your drain.
Unlike salt-based water softeners, Aquasana's Salt-Free Water Conditioner won't demineralize your water.
Experience delicious, salt-free drinking water and no soap lather change in the shower or while doing dishes.
Aquasana's Salt-Free Water Conditioner is low maintenance and does not require electricity, drainage for wastewater, or heavy bags of salt to lug around.
Our Salt-Free Water Conditioner has a peak flow rate of up to 15.3 gpm and can easily maintain enough water pressure to keep up with the needs of the busiest households.
Unlike other water conditioners that require bulky replacements, Aquasana’s tanks are engineered and designed for a quick, simple replacement.
System Operating Temp Range: 40-90°F
System Max Operating Pressure: 100 psi
- Peak Flow Rate (GPM):
- Rated Flow Rate* (GPM):
- Capacity (Years):
- Capacity (Gallons):
*Contaminant reduction testing and resulting values are based on Rated Flow Rates indicated above. Values will vary based on faster or slower flow rates.
Aquasana Whole House Salt-Free Conditioner
Always use genuine, certified Aquasana replacements for continued contaminant removal and system performance.
20" Pre-Filter Replacement – 3 Pack
Replace every 2 months
Prevents dirt and sediment particles from entering and clogging the main filter unit
10" Post-Filter Replacement
Replace every 6 months
Reduces any remaining sediment and organic particles
Salt-Free Water Conditioner Replacement
Replace every 10 years
Descales your water without adding excess salt into the environment
Learn about our Whole House Water Filter upgrade option, the Salt-Free Water Conditioner
How to Install a Whole House System
How to Replace a Whole House Water Filter Pre-Filter
Rhino® Whole House Filters
- 1. How long does the Salt-Free Water Conditioner last?
- The Salt-Free Water Conditioner is designed to last up to 10 years or 1,000,000 gallons.
- 2. What grains of hardness or grains per gallon (gpg) can the Salt-Free Water Conditioner handle?
- This system is designed to help with water with a hardness of <20 gpg.
- 3. Do I need to consider the quality of my water prior to the Salt-Free Water Conditioner?
- Yes, for our Conditioner to be effective, it is recommended that the influent water is under the limits shown below. Pre-treatment may be required based on water quality. Hardness: <20 gpg, Alkalinity: <200 mg/L, pH: <8.5, Iron/Manganese: <0.3 mg/L
- 4. Does the Salt-Free Water Conditioner eliminate scale?
- The Salt-Free Water Conditioner is designed to prevent the harmful effects of scale buildup in internal pipes and plumbing. Our system uses Scale Control Media (SCM) to alter the charge of hard mineral ions, so they do not bind together to create scale buildup. Unlike salt-based softeners, our Salt-Free Water Conditioner does not need to remove the hard minerals from your water in order to reduce buildup.
- 5. Will the system reduce hardness or TDS levels?
- No. Our system uses Scale Control Media (SCM) to alter the charge of hard mineral ions, so they do not bind together to create scale buildup. Unlike salt-based softeners, our Salt-Free Water Conditioner does not need to remove the hard minerals from your water in order to reduce scale. Because hard minerals are not replaced by salt or other chemicals, TDS levels will remain the same even though scale formation is inhibited.
- 6. I still see calcium deposits on my dishes. Is my Salt-Free Water Conditioner working?
- Yes. The Salt-Free Water Conditioner is designed to protect the internal pipes and plumbing in your home from harmful scale buildup. Unlike salt-based softeners that replace minerals like calcium with salt, the Salt-Free Water Conditioner instead uses Scale Control Media (SCM) to alter the charge of hard minerals, so they do not bind to one another to create scale. Because the Salt-Free Water Conditioner alters the charge of hard minerals to inhibit scale formation and does not replace them with salt or chemicals, hard minerals remain in your water and will pass safely through your pipes and down the drain. If the calcium levels in your water are high enough, harmless calcium spots can still occur on areas where water is left sitting and can evaporate, leaving hard mineral deposits behind on surfaces like glassware, countertops, pots, pans, chrome faucets or stainless steel.
- 7. Do I need a licensed plumber to install a whole house filter?
- We strongly recommend using a licensed plumber since they carry insurance to cover any damages caused by an installation error. This will give you the security that the work was done properly, and peace of mind in knowing that the installation is backed up by the plumbing company's insurance plan.
- 8. What is hard water?
- Hard water is a count of mineral content. It occurs when dissolved minerals clump together to produce scale that can harm your internal pipes, plumbing, and home appliances. Hard water contains a higher-than-average amount of dissolved minerals (primarily calcium and magnesium), and a higher concentration of multivalent cations (Ca2+ and Mg2+).
- 9. Does having hard water mean it is contaminated?
- No, hard water does not mean water is contaminated. It is a measurement of mineral count present in your water. Most water sources in the USA are considered hard.
- 10. Is hard water safe to drink?
- Hard water can be city water or well water meaning it may or may not be pre-treated. The minerals that make water "hard" are not considered contaminants, but hard water can still contain additional contaminants that are not safe for consumption.
- 11. What is soft water and how do I know if my home has it?
- Soft water is water that has either been treated by a water softener or naturally contains less hard minerals. The most recognizable trait of "soft" water is how much more soap lathers, as opposed to hard water. Soap lathers less due to the higher concentration of minerals. Water softeners reduce the negative effects of dissolved minerals in water that can clump together and produce scale buildup.
- 12. Does having soft water mean it is clean water?
- Soft water does not mean clean water. Your water can be soft and still have contaminants present in the water.
- 13. Is soft water safe to drink?
- Yes, soft water is considered potable. Drinking water from a sodium-based softener increases your daily intake of sodium, which can lead to health problems in sodium-sensitive individuals. Please keep in mind that a water softener is not a water filter. A water softener does not remove contaminants present in your water.
- 14. What is a salt-based water softener?
- A salt-based water softener is a softener system designed to remove/reduce calcium and magnesium from the water by exchanging it with sodium. This is done through an ion exchange process that alters the molecular structure of the calcium and magnesium from a divalent ion to a univalent ion, making the water "softer."
- 15. How will the water feel on my skin? Is there a slimy feeling?
- Because Aquasana's Salt-Free Water Conditioner does not replace hard minerals with salt, your water will not feel slimy or slippery as it would with salt-based softeners.
- 16. How do I know when to replace my tank?
- It is recommended you change out your Salt-Free Water Conditioner tanks every 10 years or 1,000,000 gallons for optimal performance.