Whole House Replacements
Dedication to Healthy Water
Continued System Performance &
Learn about Water for Life
Whole House Water Filter Replacements for Clean and Healthy Water
Aquasana's whole house systems provide clean water from every tap in your home. They reduce contaminants including chlorine, sediment and more. They can even extend the life of your appliances since these contaminants — when not filtered — can cause damage over time. But filters wear out over time, which is why it's important to replace them.
If not replaced as needed, contaminants can build up and damage your whole house system or cause it to become a source of bacteria for the water in your home.
Keep your whole house filter system in good condition by regularly replacing the filters that remove these harmful contaminants.
How Often to Replace a Whole House Water Filter
We understand that each customer is unique and there is no one size fits all solution, which is why we offer several whole house filter systems. Read below to learn more about replacement schedules for our main whole house filter tanks, as well as the various components and upgrades that enable you to fully customize your system.
1. Main Tank Replacements
Identify which whole house system you have installed to determine how often to replace your main filter tank. Aquasana offers the following whole house systems with varying replacement schedules:
- 500,000 Gallon Well Water Rhino System: Main filter should be replaced every five years
- 600,000 Gallon Rhino Tank System: Main filter should be replaced every six years
- 1,000,000 Gallon Rhino System: Main filter should be replaced every ten years
- OptimH2O Whole House System: Main filter should be replaced once a year
2. Pre-Filter Replacements
In addition to the main tank, Aquasana whole house water systems come with a pre-filter to capture dirt and sediment before water enters the main tank. Depending on the pre-filter your system has, it should be replaced as follows:
- 10" Pre-Filter: This is the standard pre-filter included with our 600,000 gallon whole house system. Replace it every one to three months.
- 20" Pre-Filter: This is the standard pre-filter included with our 500,000 Gallon Well Water Rhino and the 1,000,000 Gallon Rhino. It's also an optional upgrade available for purchase at any point for the 600,000 Gallon Rhino. Replace it every two to three months.
- 20" x 4.5" OptimH2O Pre-Filter: Designed specifically for the OptimH2O whole house system, this pre-filter should be replaced every six months.
If you want to understand what's in your water, check your municipal water quality report, or use an at-home water test to better understand your contaminant and filtration needs. You can also use a TDS Meter to better understand your sediment levels and to adjust the pre-filter replacement schedule accordingly.
3. Salt-Free Water Conditioner Replacements
Aquasana offers an optional Salt-Free Water Conditioner as an upgrade for homes that want to prevent scale build-up. The system prevents minerals from binding and causing buildup in pipes and appliances without using any salt or chemicals. This conditioner should be replaced every six years, or sooner depending on sediment levels.
4. Post-Filter Replacements
A post-filter is another optional upgrade available for homeowners that want to reduce any remaining sediment and organic particles. It essentially acts as a polishing agent, grabbing the smallest particles and preventing them from ending up in your water supply. Aquasana offers one post-filter cartridge for all whole house systems that should be replaced every six to twelve months.
5. UV Lamp
Aquasana's UV lamps are a popular upgrade option that many consumers purchase to further protect against bacteria and viruses in water. For those that have well water, frequently deal with water boil warnings, or are concerned about E.coli and giardia in their water, the UV lamp is the perfect solution. Homeowners with this upgrade should replace the lamp every 12 months.
Get Whole House Replacement Components Delivered When You Need Them
A dirty filter can become a source of bacteria and mold, and can eventually cause your system to stop working altogether. That's why we started Water for Life — our filtration subscription service.
Water For Life will keep track of when it's time to change your filters and will ship a new batch to your door when you need it. The benefits of Water For Life include:
- Auto-delivery when it's time to replace your filters
- 15% off the price of replacement filters
- Free shipping
- Extended warranty - free replacement parts any time you need them
- No contract required
To get started with Water For Life, simply add a product to your cart using the red Water For Life button, or reach out to one of our Water Experts at 866-662-6885 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Replace Whole House Water Filters
Replacing components in your Aquasana whole house system is straight-forward. Each replacement part comes with an instruction guide with labeled pictures for a seamless swapping process.
Our YouTube channel also features video guides for installing and replacing our most popular products.
For additional help, we offer email and phone customer support:
Mon–Fri: 8am–7pm CST
Sat: 9am–5pm CST